Well, Summer is in full motion here & we've been having fun when we can! You say, "Expound on that please"...so I will! No problemo. Hmmm okay well a few weeks ago Landon & I house sat for my parents! It was nice to relax & eat someone else's food! One of the days we were there we went & hiked Picacho Peak with Landon's family (we took my parents dog Bugs), then visited the OSTRICH FARM. Oh man. Everyone needs to go there at least once in their life! It's quite the experience to try & literally throw the food into their bowl before they snatch ur hand 1st. It was great. Here's some pics.
Bugs on the hike..poor girl we had to carry her most of the way cause she's so small & got worn out
Now, I finally went shooting with Landon & his dad one weekend. It's the 1st time I tried our gun & I LOVE IT. I'm pretty good shooting those clay pigeons too. Not as good as Landon though. He seriously is like pro. He destroys every single one. I think he maybe missed 1 out of 20. Good job! I'm gonna try to get that good too! haha.


So I had the opportunity to go to Girls' Camp last weekend. I got called last minute to go up as a "Cabin Mom" (oh man I really dont like that label cause I'm no mom...I tried to get my girls to call me...cabin leader..or cabin friend..or cabin nanny..something other than cabin mom!) anyway..it was TOTALLY AWESOME. I LOVED IT. We really had a ton of opportunities to feel the spirit & grow closer to the Savior. It was great. I hope to keep what I learned in my mind so I can stay motivated! You know how that is. Anyway at first it was hard for me to be up there since I didn't know ANYONE (none of my girls, none of the women in my ward...) so I got real homesick. But after a couple days I was really enjoying just getting close to the Lord & Savior. And I really enjoyed my girls! They are so awesome. Its amazing what you can learn from those young strong spirits.
Bugs on the hike..poor girl we had to carry her most of the way cause she's so small & got worn out And lastly. This weekend was the 4th of July! We didn't do anything too crazy. My Grandpa Kennedy is going to pass away any day now (he's been real sick) so we spent the day with family. I'm going to miss him a lot.. he's always been jolly & optimistic especially when he's been sick. But I definately know the bigger picture! It's all part of the plan. Anyway, our time was spent at Hospice, David & Jackie's, and then we watched some lame 10 minute fireworks! But we both had a lot of fun. It was a real good day.
Well we're real excited for our CRUISE in 2 weeks! We're really looking forward to it. Not sure what it will be like but we'll make it fun anyway!
3 comments:
oh yah so i read your post like 6 days ago and never commented...tee hee. :) that's the ugliest picture of bugs. that's really what i wanted to say. :) ahhaha...yay for girls camp, shooting, and your CRUISE! (i'm older and still haven't ever been on one...LUCKY!)
That ostrich farm looks exciting! haha Love the pics! Where you going on your cruise? How fun! I'm jealous! Cruises are the best!
Oh Faith sounds like you are always having alot of fun with the inlaws. Good job on shooting and hanging out with the Ostrich:)
Girls camp is always a bonding thing and who wouldn't want to bond with you? You are one awesome girl!
Post a Comment