Sunday, May 17, 2009

Too Much Fun

Landon & I are just having too much fun. I guess you really can't have "too much" fun, but we really are enjoying our life. Last weekend Landon & I babysat for my Aunt Suzi who has 4 kids under age 9 with one on the way. Our Christmas gift to her was a babysitting coupon that she could cash in whenever. So she decided to use it for her anniversary weekend. We played with these children for almost 6 hours. It was so fun! They just LOVE Landon & can't get enough of his tricks.
Here's me with all the kids

And Landon's Turn
Landon's 21st birthday is on Monday, so this weekend we had a little birthday fun. First of all, our new tradition is whenever it's our birthday (or our future kid's birthday), then the Saturday before is their "day". We will do whatever the person wants as long as it doesn't mean spending a ton of money. So, for Landon's birthday Saturday, we did what he wanted to do! And I actually heard from his mouth that he thinks he might like birthdays with me now. So our tradition is official.

Here is a pillow I sewed for him for his birthday. Thanks Tausha for letting me borrow ur sewing machine. I wanna sewing machine so badd!!! I would make everything!!

Then Landon decided to buy an Ipod touch from his friend for cheap! It's super nice..a little high tech but he's figuring it out!!Saturday morning we went to the NRA gun show downtown. It was really neat to see all the different guns and accessories. Don't expect to come out with a gun if you go though..it's more for show than for buying. It was definately neat to see though.

Then the biggie...after the gun show we went to Bass Pro Shops, then to Cabelas..where we bought this shotgun!! It's BEAUTIFUL!! It's a Benelli Nova, .20 gage..and I can't wait to go out shooting with it. It's definately a good addition to our new collection. PS. Landon sold that Uzi from my previous post. This is a good replacement.


So, that was Landon's birthday day..a gun hunt. But it was worth it, and very fun! Happy Birthday Landon!!

Before the finale of this blog, here is an update on Landon's correctional officer process.. basically he didn't pass the background check but can re-apply in February due to time limits. So, please keep praying for him cause we really hope to get him into that career. Until then, we will get him physical therapy for his knee so when the time comes to take the physical test, he'll pass no problem.

Not really any updates for me..accept I'm done with school for now & got my Associates. It feels good to have a little break from school before I figure out what i'm going to do next with my life.

Now, my brother is a celebrity.. his state track meet was this past Thursday & he got 2nd in state for pole vaulting. Just watch the video..he FLIES through the air!! I can't believe he trusts a STICK to get him 14 feet over a pole! AH!! Take a look & you will see what i'm saying! Good job Jarom!!

2 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

YESSSSSSS...somebody DID get video of it...i kept asking jarom to make sure someone videos...MMM dang we have a famous brother. that makes ME famous. i'm so famous! muah ha. nice job. k...so GREAT bday tradish...i like i buy. gates's choices on his birthday would probably match EXACTLY landon's day. gun gun gun. i want to kill. jk..but GUN. (and gates covets itouch also...oh geez) your pillow rocks. and tell landon to totally go for it again in feb. gates had to reapply too later. yay for the associates! bar dar dar dar.

Chadster and Brittster said...

Happy Birthday Lan-you're 21 so now you can...nevermind. The iTouch is sweet-I am totally jealous. Be sure to get the app tap tap-its sweet. Good job on your associates!

P.S. I will be very disappointed if you don't have a birthday pizza. You are a Lowe!

P.S.S. Chad says, "Why wasn't the iPod we got you good enough-did you break it?"