
So last week I went & got the new Rascal Flatts cd..& there is this song called Things That Matter that I can't get out of my head. It's not the lyrics I keep thinking about, it's the message within the song. (I'll try to put the song on my blog playlist). Anyway, it talks about things that matter in life & the things that don't. So this whole week all I can think about are the things I feel matter most. So i'm just gonna write my list of things I feel matter most in my life:
1. Having an unbreakable testimony & not being afraid to share or defend it
2. Having a good, healthy, loving relationship with your spouse
3. Having a good relationship with your family
4. Not being judgemental. Everyone is human, leave it up to the man upstairs. He sees WAAAY more than we do..& most of the time we assume things about other people & turn out to be wrong while hurting the other person along the way.
5. FORGIVING...& moving on. It's so easy to hold grudges & let them get in the way of treating that person good. There are even people I see in my life that I think hold something against me..which has made them treat me different. I try not to let it hurt my feelings but sometimes it does.
6. Getting yourself to the temple. Whether its for your first time or to do work for who has passed on...the temple is uncomparable to anything i've ever experienced. And it's so important to our eternal salvation.
7. Thanking the Lord, EVERYDAY...especially when you're having a bad day. When you realize the blessings in your life & how fortunate you are the Lord even blesses you more.
8. Laughing & doing fun things. Nothing is more fulfilling than being able to laugh around those you love, plus you burn calories. Do the things you LOVE doing as well...such as scrapbooking, playing sports, playing games, etc.
9. Serving others. Whether its something small like making someone smile or something big like giving away your Christmas...you're making a big impact in someone's life & potentially changing it forever.
10. Lastly, putting the Lord first. He HAS to be first or our lives absolutely CANNOT be in order. There's NO WAY we can make it without him. The second you wake up, roll out of bed & pray. Try to think of Christ & his atonement all morning while you get ready & eat breakfast. It will change the way your day goes. Your day will function better, FOR SURE.
I know this is a little on the "serious" side for a blog..but I think its so important to remember the things that matter. A lot of times we let the things that DONT really matter get in the way of things that do. Put those aside. Remember what's really important in life. Don't let the other things bother you & get you down. Brush it off, move on, & be happy.
3 comments:
"why so serious?" jk....WORD WORD WORD...on everything. that was a good post laith. WORD! 1 more thing that matters most: that's my ciga, you'll steal anotha.
I must say Im so honored to be your Mother!. I'm so with you on all that and agree!! One more thing- try living your life as if you were going to die tomorrow and we'd all be surprised at what we would do differently. K- great post. Love you forever!!!
Mom
What the heck! Are you going through something right now. J/K I'm glad your list is a great one. Because if #1 was "making sure the dog never licks himself" I would be worried. You have a great testimony and lots of Faith, Faith :)
Post a Comment