Well hello hello, we meet again....... I know that sounds like it could be from a movie, I'm just feeling like I should sound a little mysterious for a change. Wa a a a!
Anywho, our life has been amazingly fun. Probably not as fun as you think, but it's fun to us! Proceeding forward, I just have to emphasize that we love the outdoors & good deals. I shall comment on both. The first reason we love the outdoors is this:
Last Saturday we went to Jarom's (my younger bro) track meet & both decided it's our sanctuary. It's fun for us to make bets (not involving money, just as competition) on who we think will win even if Jarom isn't in that specific event, Landon gets to practice chewing on sunflower seeds (he thinks it makes him a real man), & we both get to tan while hangin with the fam. So we may show up at random track meets just because its fun, even if we don't know the school or anyone! haha. Weird I know, but it's official. Secondly, we also love the outdoors so much that we took a hike up South Mountain with an awesome young couple from our new ward. It was such a beautiful day out & we took advantage of it by exercising & exploring through the wilderness! We are going to be hiking Camelback this coming Saturday to fill our cravings for nice weather & outdoor fun.
Now, I must say Landon is the type of person who only buys stuff if its a good deal. I didn't really care before I got married...I just bought what I liked. But somehow i've kind of adjusted & now try to get the best deals on whatever i'm buying. So this past Saturday on top of going to Jarom's meet & hiking South Mountain, we decided to checkout the Goodyear SWAPMEET. It was amazing. Not too ghetto, not too country club (yes it's a saying we made up). But we got a million things for under 40 bucks, including those sexy sunglasses. Let me tell you, we got: 2 sexy sunglasses, a t-shirt 4 Landon (that's sexy too), 2 packages of pure honey produced here in the valley, some needles & thread ( I needed them ), a wisk (we didn't have one yet), a strainer (didn't have that yet either), some glue, tacs, a knife that's in the shape of a gun, & a few other little things I can't remember right now. But it was awesome & so much fun. I love swapmeets.
Anyway we are going up to General Conference in just 3 weeks! I've only gone once but it's the best experience to actually be there in the presence of those wonderful inspired men of God! We are so excited to go. We will definately be hiking up the Y in Provo when we go, as well as visit some of Landon's family! It will be a nice little getaway for us for a few days!
Couple more things: I found a recipe for the best homemade pizza ever & in total it only took 30 minutes! I was so proud of it, it was delish (short for delicious). I have recently been trying to make new recipes to spice life up a bit & learn some cooking skills. Pizza was my 1st new recipe & it was bomb. Maybe i'll change my major & become a chef. Not really but it definately was scrumptious! WHELP that's pretty much the update on us! Toodaloo!
5 comments:
I see Landon has gotten to you not just in deals but in the Wah ah ahs. I wish there were swap meets up here, but just Craigslist and EBay. I am so stoked to hang out with you guys in a few weeks. We are pretty outdoorsy-but mostly with sports and going out with our dogs. I don't think we have ever done a real hike together so it will be a new experience for us if we don't cop out.
HOORAH--3 cheers---you POSTED!! something earth-shattering must have happenned in your lives. :) ahha jk...SEE...you think you have nothing going on...but i read that and think geez what FUN that couple has!! (that couple..ahha..like i dont know you). note to gates---eat sunflower seeds. real men only. :) i'm SO jealous you're going to conference...like SO. that is the BEST. and so---after i read your post, i told gates how you guys go hiking all the time...he gets the hint i think and we went for a hike yesterday---holla! :) you're inspiring. :) and word---on the track meets...heaven.
last note to self---steal faith's sunglasses. those are sweet. or have her take me to the swapmeet. (you choose).
ps. your post was SO country club. (Whatever that means..ahhaa...you guys are hilarious.)
hi. sorry. i know, i wish i was another person commenting too, but i just need to say: give me your pizza recipe. i demand. galactic power is on my side.
you forgot to let us know that you are pregnant!!! duhh! what are you two waiting for?!? :) miss you so much! and please dont relpace brandon and i! we will be soooo sad!
Post a Comment