Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Closer & Closer

First of all, since this is probably going to be my last post before Christmas, I need to say, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! Landon and I bought ourselves a surprise gift...and it's going to make our apartment the place to party for sure! I hope we all remember the true meaning of this season, and that's about Christ! We have a decoration in my house and it's such a good reminder. It says, "The magic of Christmas is not in the presents but in His Presence". May we all remember that!
Landon and I are only 17 days away from getting married! We are so so so excited! I can barely sleep at night just thinking about everything and how much fun it's going to be with him! The thing I look most forward to right now is going through the temple on Saturday! Not only is it going to be an awesome spiritual experience, we get to experience it together, both our first time going through! It's so exciting being able to do things side by side with him. It helps us grow so much together! I know the temple will be awesome though!
Now, down to what's been going on. Landon's been doing physical therapy 3x a week for his knee, which makes him think he can go play basketball. WRONG. But he learned the hard way. He went and played basketball with his company a couple weeks ago, and he hurt his knee even more. We all told him he probably shouldn't go play, but being the "tough guy" he is, he played anyway! Well there's your consequence sweety! Jk I do have compassion upon him I just hope he stays off of it from now on until its healed!! Jeez! Also, we finally bought Landon a suit! It has been such a hassle to find him something that fits him since he is short & stalky! And he's so picky with the style too..."I want 2 button, non-pleated, short, black..etc". So it's been quite the adventure trying to find him the perfect suit but to our luck we finally did! The Lord blessed us with Pomeroy's (the missionary store out in Mesa..WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!) But we found the perfect suit and now all is well. Finally relieved a lot of stress!
LASTLY, the honeymoon plans! We are going to go to Vegas for our honeymoon! It's going to be so much fun...gambling, clubbing, drinking....YA RIGHT! But seriously, I didn't realize all the clean fun stuff you can do there! I'm really excited to go. We just booked tickets to the Excalibur Tournament of the Kings which is a dinner show and you watch live jousting with horses and stuff. It's gonna be pretty dang fun. We also plan to do the M&M factory, See's Candy Factory, Coca Cola Factory, etc on factories. We're gonna some of the free shows at Planet Hollywood and ride the New York New York roller coaster. I'm sure there will be other cool things to see while we're there too. And we also plan to do a session at the Las Vegas temple! :-D. It's going to be a blast, I know it! The only problem we're running into though is you have to be 21 to book a room in any of the hotels with casinos (Anyone wanna hook us up?!) and both of us are only 20... Good news is, we found out the Las Vegas Hilton hotel only requires you to be 18, which is a blessing not only because we now have a place to stay, but it doesn't have a casino inside..so we won't have to be around that! It's all working out so smoothly.
Merry Christmas!
PS-Today is 1 year since Landon and I got back together! I'm so proud of how far he has come and how far we have come! Heavenly Father is blessing us with so many miracles!

1 comment:

Gates & Tausha said...

You're a MIRACLE! :) how did you post and I NOT know a week ago?! Oh, because I haven't checked anyone's blogs for a week. PAH! :) Now you can update on your fancy apartment that's almost the size of our HOUSE. haha...hee ha. he. um yah so when you're in vegas...our favorite is the water show at the bellagio...we could have stood there all night and watched...and the free circus shows inside circus circus...and the freaky heighth of the building on the east edge of the strip (forgot the name)...and it's rides! so fun...i'm totally jealous you're doing the king eating...mmmm...that's so fun. tip: don't take anything anyone is passing out...they're all sick pictures. just don't look around at all really. ahahha...but you'll have a blast little bride sister. lister. loved the post...love you...sue.