Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Counting the Days!

I absolutely LOVE the holiday season! It's the highlight of the year for me and I can literally FEEL the spirit of it! Happy late Thanksgiving by the way! Landon and I ate at his parents house and ate food from the Philippines. Their Thanksgiving tradition is to eat food from a different country every year instead of the normal turkey and mashed potatoes, and this year it was the Philippines. It was REALLY tastey. Really cool tradition they've got goin! Then after we ate, Landon so kindly let me watch West Side Story..because I had NEVER seen it & I really don't think i'm that weird for never seeing it either. (If you haven't seen NEWSIES, then UR wierd! Best musical of all time in my book). But I definately liked West Side Story..until the end when Tony dies. Such a stupid ending. I will never watch it again because he died. They were supposed to elope and start a life together! Jeez. Hate it. I just liked the "America" song. Anyway, continuing on with our great Thanksgiving, we saw Twilight that night for my mom's birthday. No comment on that. Let's just say it didn't make me want to read the book.

Then the fun came. Arizona Mills opend at midnight for Black Friday, so what do me and Landon do? YES, we went SHOPPING! It was so much fun. It was SO crowded, and the sales weren't even that good, but it was just fun to be up that late shopping together. We didn't end up crashing until about 5:30, but it was so worth it. Such a fun Thanksgiving!

Well we're about 22 days til Christmas, 41 days from the wedding, and 3 days away from my bridal shower! Yay! It's gonna be like Christmas 3 times in a row! We're gonna feel so spoiled. I'm not really asking for much for Christmas though. I just can't wait until finals are over in 2 weeks to officially just focus on the wedding. It's going to be so nice.

I just have to get validation on one thing that has been frustrating me my whole life. Don't you hate it when you open up the fridge and there is nothing for you to eat, or that you want to eat to say the least? These past 2 weeks we have had basically just condiments in our fridge and every 5 minutes I go to the fridge thinking there is magically going to be food there, and there never is. So disappointing and sad. Must be the economy.

2 comments:

Paul-N-Daneen said...

Seriously, I would think that Twilight has the cheezest movie ever. You have to read the books to get it. They are intense so is the romance in the movie. It does hit the nail on the head. Never seen a movie that resembles the books so much. Anyway. I just bought $200 dollars of food and I still can't find anything to eat in the fridge. Ironic.

Gates & Tausha said...

sanwich. always you can eat a sanwich. thats why i hate sanwiches. sanwich. its like disturbing...i mean disturbia.

you forgot to tell how even though you dont want to read the book...how you WILL because you got it from me. :) ahha jk. :)

i'm playing wackee 6 right now. jk.