Well people, I've said it many times, and I'll say it again... I just can't seem to keep up with updating this! It's just not on the top of my priority list, although "documenting my life" probably should be! Any clever ideas on how I could remember/get more motivated to update this on a regular basis?
My last post was in JULY and we are headed into OCTOBER tomorrow! I couldn't be more excited for the weather to cool down and for the holiday season to begin. It's such a fun and eventful time of year, I LOVE IT!
Anywhoooo, as usual, I will briefly update on what's going on and follow with a few pictures. Maybe I'll just make a list of highlights these past few months. Ok. Yes. I will. Here goes.
~We moved into the first apartments we lived in when we were first married (near Avondale). We are in love with this ward and area.
~We got called to be the Sunbeam teachers! Best calling ever. Landon wanted a Sunday calling, and little kids are my favorite. I think you can learn just as much from them as they can from you. Such special little buggers!
~Landon got his old job back when we first moved back from Idaho- he even got promoted. That was a huge blessing, but are still trying to figure out exactly what Landon would like to pursue as a career.
~I am back at school at ASU downtown and I AM LOVING IT. From here on out I have all social work classes and I am just eating it up. Nothing is more intruiging than exploring the behavior of humans. I know that social work is EXACTLY what I want to do! Technically I have a year's worth of credits left to finish but am spreading it out in order to stay home with Chase as much as possible. My graduation goal is May of 2013.
~Chase just turned ONE last week (September 21st)! I can't believe it. People weren't kidding when they say it goes by fast. I've enjoyed every minute and am so glad we have him!
~What's new with Chase? Well, he is walking. Not completely, but he can go 5-10 steps and then he falls. He's getting more confident everyday. He is quite the talker...he can have a conversation with me or even himself. It's all jibberish but, whatever! He waves bye bye and holds phones up to his ear and talks into them. His favorite toys are ones with wheels (especially people's strollers in church) because he likes to push them around. He laughs a lot and even has a fake laugh. He's starting to figure out how toys work (putting legos together, putting a ball through a hole, etc), rather than just slobbering all over them. When daddy gets home from work, he gets sooo excited and they play tag/hide'n'seek together. It's the cutest thing i've ever seen. I take him to storytime sometimes at the library with my sister and instead of paying attention to the music and books, he likes to climb/attack other children. He is really social with other kids but is shy with adults. He sleeps in his crib now (yes, we were very dysfunctional and let him sleep with us for the first 10 months of his life) and it's a whole new life for me! I can actually get stuff done at night! That's the jist of Chase I think.
~Not sure if I mentioned this in my last post but Landon bought a motorcycle. I worry about him everyday but I do admit it's REALLY fun. He uses it to commute to work and back. We've gone on one date so far with it and it was probably one of my most memorable dates. Just gotta remember to say a prayer everytime we ride it. lol.
Well, I think that's most of the highlights in our life. It's definately been a crazy year for us. But you only grow when things are hard, so it's ok! I feel very blessed regardless.
Now some pictures.
Now some pictures.


2 comments:
I have an idea... I could post on your wall once a week bugging you to death to update. Haha :) I'm sure you would love that!
He is so big! We should get together and do something so I can see him (and you too! ;)
That's so awesome that Landon got a promotion and that you are loving school. It makes such a difference when you enjoy what you are studying!
I LOVE these updates! Your little Chase is getting so big! I love your pictures and I also really LOVE your top blog pic! What a cute fam you have! (:
Post a Comment