April was a busy month and May will be too!
Landon went skydiving a couple weeks ago with his Mom, Sister & Brother outside of Casa Grande. This was his "early" birthday present, along with his brother Josh leaving for his mission with a bang! It was fun times. They all said it was awesome-accept for the motion sickness part. Josh was the only one who didn't get sick. I think someday for our 50th wedding anniversary I will try skydiving with Landon! Haha. That way it will be ok if I die :)
Here's a lovely gash Landon got from playing ball. It should have gotten stitches but I wasn't able to influence that decision until it was too late the next day. I was sleeping when he came home from playing that night so I didn't get to see it and freak out :) Lucky him. Lucky me too, I prob would have thrown up! Anyway, it's healed really nicely now but it looked nasty in the beginning.
More on my lovely man- He did the Pat Tillman run in Tempe a couple weeks ago. I'm so proud of him. It was a 5k and he didn't stop. He said toward the end he was struggling but he finished strong and finished 1,200 out of 20,000 runners. Pretty dang good! I love doing runs but I obviously couldn't this time. Maybe i'll do the family runs soon and walk in the back with a stroller :)
Other stuff not requiring pictures :
So Landon's correctional officer application fell through so now we're starting to look at other options. Problem is not very many doors are open for us so...we're kind of looking at the air force. It's hard to find something that doesn't require schooling that we can make a good living off of. So we'll see what we end up doing but pray for doors to be shown to us please!!
Work is going good for me, just 3 weeks left and I can finally relax and be a bum all day. Not really, i'm going to try to be productive this summer but I'm excited to have my own schedule everyday. School is over for me this week. I have one final left. I'll probably end up with 2 b's and an A. I'm so proud of myself considering i've had the combination of a full time job, school, and being sick/pregnant this whole semester. It's a big accomplishment for me.
As far as the pregnancy goes I'm getting bigger- a nice and plump baby bump! I'm glad it doesn't just look like i'm gaining weight anymore to people and you can actually tell there's something in there. I dont like that in-between stage. We will find out the gender of our baby (hopefully it's not in a position that we can't see) on May 24th. So two more weeks. We can't wait. We want to start buying stuff but we can't until we find out. As far as "how i'm feeling" goes, it's getting better. I'm not feeling as nauseas and I can go a couple days now without taking Zofran (the nausea pill). And i'm starting to get a little more energy to do things around the house. Bless my poor husband-he's been doing everything around here. I appreciate him so much. He doesn't complain either. He just sees that I don't feel good and helps out with the dishes without me even asking him. I'll come home from work and all the cleaning will be done for me. I have the best husband in the world! I really do. I feel bad that I haven't been able to do my normal work around the apartment but I feel lucky to have such an awesome husband that just does it for me! :)
That's it for now, and by the way, Happy Mother's Day!
1 comment:
Post a Comment