Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Seriously, 2011 already? What the...!

I CANNOT believe we are already in 2011! It feels like I just found out I was pregnant (this was last January)... but i've already had that baby & now 2011 has stepped in! What in the world. I really am an adult now. There's no sense of time from here on out, especially with the little guy! Well hopefully all of you have made those new year's resolutions... some may think it's cheesy but I do it ever year. Even if I don't really reach that goal (which happens about half the time) at least I was motivated to do it for a couple weeks, right? I always pick three goals... one physical, one spiritual, and one in building character. Here's my 3:
1. Lose that left over pregnancy weight (about 15 lbs)
2. Share the gospel with someone new (this is hard being a stay at home mom & not really meeting new people)
3. Develop more patience
These seem attainable, I can do it.
Our Christmas was pretty good-eventful. Christmas Eve consisted of a "sack lunch dinner" which we do with the Lowes (this is symbolic of the humble birth Christ had)... then we headed over to my side's Christmas Eve extravaganza at my parents house. After all the relatives were gone, me, Jarom, mom, dad, Landon & Chase opened our one "Christmas Eve gift" which is our tradition. Christmas morning we opened gifts with the Lowes... most of the gifts were to Chase. I'm ok with that :). Then that evening we went to my parents house for dinner & then opened presents. Overall, we racked in the gifts pretty good.
Landon's top 2 gifts : the 32" Vizio TV, and some skullcandy headphones. My top 2 : scrapbook materials galore & my Mark Mabry calendar. Chase's top 2 : a homemade toy chest from my dad & his cross-stitched stocking from Landon's mom.
Here's the highlights...

His stocking

His Air Jordan outfit from his Aunt Britt & Uncle Chad

Handmade toy chest from my dad

proud new owner of the vizio for our bedroom


Christmas Eve we went to the Wildlife World Zoo. Chase was so cute & funny... he was staring at everything...so amused by it all!
The good stuff...
I'm pretty sure ur not supposed to do that! :)

Lovin' the zebra


My hott boys



Our little family

starin' at the stingrays


ready for some fun at the zoo!

I would write about our New Year's Eve but it really wasn't anything exciting. I went to bed with Chase after he ate so.. Happy New Year's! New Year's morning though we ate at IHOP with my family...it's tradition :)... start the new year with a good breakfast!

I know this year will be eventful just as any other year. Lots of exciting things are already in store (Jarom going on his mission, Nick & Nicky's baby, maybe other babies..?? who knows!)... and i'm sure many more are that the Lord will surprise us with.

Happy New Year to you ALL!

1 comment:

Gates & Tausha said...

nope! no other babies this year!! ;) lol...chase is so cute. i cant not write that. great goals...love em. i need more patience too! yikes. (yikes is my new word this week). i love your updates listy! you guys are great!